Get weekly updates
straight to your inbox
Submit your email address to subscribe.
At Conga, our team culture is a core part of who we are as a company. We think Conga is a great place to work, and we want to share our experiences—and our team!—with the world. In our Employee Spotlight blog series, we’re introducing readers to the talented folks in the Conga offices, and sharing how they’re finding success on this high-growth, fast-paced team.
Today we’re talking to Luke Scollard to learn how he’s finding success as a Territory Manager (TM) in the EMEA market, and his tips for new hires joining the team.
Name: Luke Scollard
Title: Territory Manager
1. How long have you worked at Conga?
I’m just about to finish week seven!
2. What’s a little known fact about you?
I’ve got some mean cooking skills.
3. Why did you join Conga?
I focused on three requirements when considering my latest career move, and Conga ticked all of them.
- Established, scalable product – Conga has continued to develop its product suite year on year through internal development work and acquisitions.
- Growth ambitions – Conga has achieved ambitious targets in recent years and is on an upward trajectory. Being surrounded by motivated people and part of a company who want to smash sales targets is really something special!
- Leadership – It was clear during my interview process that the company was set to make a step function change, especially in EMEA with a new leadership team in place since the turn of 2019. Couple that with a proven global leadership team who has scaled numerous SaaS businesses (including DocuSign) time after time, it made my decision to join pretty easy.
4. Tell us about your greatest success thus far.
Closing two small deals in my first month was nice, but the big successes are still to come!
5. How would you describe the culture on your team?
In one word, “unique.” Leadership is honest, approachable and sets the standard. New hires and existing employees have gelled really well and everybody has a can-do attitude.
6. Can you give us some insight on the Territory Manager role?
It’s a unique role as we’re responsible for growing a portfolio of existing accounts and targeting new business logos. We divide industries into verticals so it allows us to really understand the challenges customers and prospects are facing, specific to their business. Day-to-day it’s an exciting blend ofmeetings, calls, strategic thinking, a good amount of pressure and, of course, some fun!
7. How do you like to spend your time outside of Conga?
Sports have always been a big part of my life. Socialising on weekends, spending time with friends, family and, of course, travelling. I can never get enough of bright, sunny beaches!
8. What’s one piece of advice you’d give a new hire on how to find early success at Conga?
Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions in the beginning—most of the time people are happy to help. Lean on your experienced colleagues and learn from their successes and failures.
If the Territory Manager (TM) role aligns with your career path, you’re in luck! We’re looking for a few key TM hires that are interested in their own slice of a $1.7 trillion industry, and ready to help us take Conga to the next level! Check out our careers page to apply.