Prior to implementing Conga Composer®, Hilton Worldwide’s concierge team would manually prepare customized trip itineraries for members of the Owners Access club, high-net-worth individuals who are provided 24/7 personal concierge service.
- Created personalized itineraries for Owners Access club members — about 4 per day
- Itineraries contained virtually all plans for a trip: accommodations, travel and dining reservations, tours of local attractions, tickets to sporting events, etc.
- Data resided in separate systems and itineraries were stored as Word® documents on the concierge agent’s computer, making it difficult to recreate lost itineraries
- Highly-customized nature of each itinerary resulted in inconsistencies with content, format and branding
- Manual time to create before Conga® solution: 75 minutes per itinerary
Hilton engaged Appirio, a global technology consulting firm, to create a process for concierge agents to assemble the content of an itinerary using a series of Visualforce® pages, and then generate and deliver the document using Conga Composer. With the click of a button on a contact record, Composer retrieves data from related cases and an internal, proprietary information system, then merges the itinerary into a Word® document. Each itinerary is based on a standardized template that separates events by day, inserts relevant graphics and photos, and defines the style of a cover letter. At the end of the process, the agent downloads the itinerary and adds personalized comments before sending it to an owner.
Benefits & Results
Combining Conga Composer with a customized Visualforce solution developed by Appirio has reduced the time Hilton’s concierge agents spend creating an itinerary from over an hour to just 15 minutes. The integration of Hilton Worldwide’s proprietary information system consolidates resources and improves turnaround time, and recreating itineraries is also much easier now that the entire process is in Salesforce®.
- Cost Savings & ROI Payback – $71,645 annually, a payback period of 12 days
- Time Savings – Approximately 1,322 hours or 55 working days per year
- Increased User & Customer Satisfaction – Owners appreciate the consistent, professional formatting and clear visual elements of itineraries. Agents no longer have to access multiple systems to compile information for an itinerary, and if an owner loses one, providing another copy is now quick and easy.
Additional Use Cases – Dossiers: one page profiles of a contact, company, property or campaign